Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Trying Not to Panic at Stay-at-Home Order

Image by Alexas_Fotos from Pixabay

A stay-at-home order for Denver residents starts today at 5 p.m. due to the coronavirus. I'm trying not to panic. I support it as this right thing to do, and yet, it has finally hit home that my life is going to to be drastically different in the next couple of months.

We have been staying at home as much as possible, but my two children don't always understand why we are home so much. School is out for at least a month, and most likely the rest of the year.

Yesterday, I took them to a deserted playground to let off steam. We also visited grandma's house.

But now, the playgrounds are closing at 5 p.m. And now grandma says it would be probably better if we stayed away. I'm sure both decisions are the right thing to do, but I have no Plan B.

The order allows people to go outside and exercise, as long as social distancing is maintained. But my elderly dog is already sick of walks. She hides from me when I try to go for walks.

Please don't inundate me with emails about flattening the curve. I want to flatten the curve. I just don't know how to keep my sanity while doing it.

Nina Snyder is the author of ABCS OF BALLS and the designer of the HOT PINK ORCHARD JOURNAL. Follow her on Twitter @nsnyder_writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment