Saturday, February 29, 2020

Everyone Needs a Little Encouragement

Image from Pixabay
Sometimes everyone needs a little encouragement. Today at the library, I wandered upstairs to the bathroom because one of the quirks of my favorite library is there are no restrooms for adults on the first floor.

As I walked past a meeting room on the second floor, there were a flock of young women dressed in black in a standing-room only meeting. Because I'm old and cynical, I assumed it was a a meeting of the anonymous variety.

However, as I'm in the bathroom washing my hands, a young woman nervously shares that it's a casting call. She's slender and blonde, with an enviable pair of peep-toe high heels.

She's fidgeting with her outfit, and seems very nervous. I assure that she looks great and that she'll blow them away. Then I wish her luck one more time, and head back down to rejoin the normal library patrons.

Now if only I could send myself some of that same positive energy as I sit down to apply for a writing opportunity that seems like a complete long shot. Everyone needs a little encouragement, but it's easier to encourage other people than myself!

Nina Snyder is the author of ABCS OF BALLS and the designer of the HOT PINK ORCHARD JOURNAL. Follow her on Twitter @nsnyder_writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment